Tuesday, April 30, 2024

NaPoWriMo 2024 #27

Sonnet for a Hospital Visit
That river pulled me from the blue-eyed eddies 
Until I rested in a pool of injured muscles
Looking deep into the woods, hearing deep the voice of birds.

I rowed against the pressing babbles
Back upstream to the fork.
I treaded water in the sun, treading softly, feeling it burn.

Spinning slow I sought a Virgil.
Sacagawea set my mind at ease,
Finger pointing long and strong.

These caverns filled with medicines for life
Were silent as the grave.
I found the bed where my friend lay.

Angel voices sang in the quiet,
Kneeling beside us in joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo 2024 #30

Job Sits with Me in My Grief I closed the door to my private room and sat on the cushioned futon with a cup of tea. When the words came, the...